Dallas Workers Comp Lawyers Help Clients with a Range of Needs
Experienced in medical fee disputes and personal injury claims
If you suffer a workplace injury, you might assume that your employer will do the right thing and compensate you for your medical bills, rehabilitation expenses and lost income. But not all companies were created equal. And, in Texas, not all employers even carry workers compensation coverage.
Job-related injuries can be devastating. What seems like a minor injury can turn out to be debilitating and hinder your ability to work, support your family and enjoy your life. At Matt Lewis Law, P.C. in Dallas, Texas, we fight hard to make sure injured workers receive the compensation they deserve. If you or a loved one has been injured on the job or because of someone’s negligence, contact us for assistance.
Working to get you the compensation you need
At Matt Lewis Law, P.C. we are dedicated to helping Texans receive the compensation — and justice — they’re entitled to. Our practice areas include:
- Workers compensation — Our workers comp attorneys are prepared to assist you with temporary or impairment income benefits, denied claims, impairment rating disputes, unfair treatment by insurance companies and the appeals process.
- Employment law — If you have suffered discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination or sexual harassment at work, your employer may have violated state and federal employment laws. We work to protect you from unfair treatment.
- Construction accidents — Texans experience a higher than average number of construction accidents, which often result in serious injuries and even death. If you or a loved one has been hurt on the job, speak to our attorneys about your case.
- Workers comp claims process — Our attorneys help you navigate the Texas workers compensation claims process and make sure you don’t miss any deadlines that could jeopardize your claim. You should retain an attorney immediately after your injury because some of the most important deadlines are early in the process. For example, you must report your injury to your employer within 30 days of the accident. You must formally file your claim with the Division of Workers Compensation within a year of when you suffered your injury.
- Disability and SSI law — Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits help you pay your bills when you are unable to work or have reduced earning capacity. SSDI provides benefits if you have paid Social Security taxes for a sufficient period of time. SSI benefits, on the other hand, are based on financial need. If you want to know more about applying or think you are entitled to greater benefits than you were awarded, our attorneys can help resolve your claim.
- Personal injury law — Our firm handles all types of personal injury claims, including car accidents, truck accidents, medical malpractice, defective products, premises liability and brain or spinal cord injuries.
- Medical disputes — We represent healthcare providers in medical fee disputes. Such disputes often arise when a workers compensation insurer contests the fee and, as a result, rejects or underpays the bill. In other cases, the insurer authorizes the treatment but fails to make the payment.
If you have suffered a work-related injury or have been hurt because of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Some claims have deadlines and are forever barred if you miss those deadlines. It is important to speak with an attorney as soon as possible after your accident.
Contact us to schedule a free initial consultation about your case
Matt Lewis Law, P.C. fights for Texans who have been injured, have suffered mistreatment at work, or are involved in medical fee disputes. If you have questions, we can answer them. Contact us at 972-961-4467 or online to schedule a free consultation.